Basic recipe of handmade natural olive oil soap with green clay and citrus fragrance of lemon.
The green clay comes from the degradation and decomposition of magmatic rocks of volcanic origin. Among all types, it has the greatest diversity of elements, such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, among others. Its coloring is greenish thanks to iron oxide, another substance in which green clay is enriched.
Green clay is naturally rich in minerals and trace elements. It is absorbent, regenerating, soothing and purifying. This universal clay is used in inflammations and for oily and combination skincare. It is ideal as a base for masks, poultices, or body wraps.
It is perfect for all skin types. With the regular use of this green clay an excellent balancing effect is obtained: it stimulates the natural defenses, purifies and cleans the pores and brings back the natural shine of your skin. In addition to being, in itself, a wonderful clay treatment, when mixed with plants and / or essential oils, its benefits are increased on a large scale!
Another star of this soap is the lemongrass essential oil: lemongrass has a sweet lemon scent. It has immense medicinal properties: it is analgesic, anti-depressant, anti-microbial. antipyretic, antiseptic, astringent, bactericidal, deodorant, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicide, insecticide, soothing, sedative and tonic.
Lemongrass essential oil revitalizes the body and relieves jetlag symptoms, eliminates headaches and helps fight nervous breakdown and stress-related conditions. It is a great general tonic for the body and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which is an asset when recovering from an illness. It also stimulates glandular secretions. Helps tone muscles and tissues, relieves muscle pain, making muscles more flexible. It is also used to clean oily and acne-prone skin, as well as athlete’s foot and relieves excessive sweating.
Combined with green clay and the softness of olive oil, this natural handmade soap is ideal for purifying and cleaning any type of skin, especially oily skin. Try this basic recipe at home and enjoy!
Homemade Green Clay Soap Recipe
- Immersion blender
- Pyrex or stainless steel bowl
- Heat-proof jug fo lye solution
- Digital scale
- Digital thermometer
- Rubber spatula(s)
- Small strainer
- Cup / bottle for after trace ingredients
- Soap mold
- Safety goggles, gloves and mask
- 58 g lye
- 103 g distilled water
- 2 tsp (4ml) Green Clay + 1/8 tsp (0,6ml) of chrome oxide – green (optional)
- 450 g extra virgin olive oil
Add After Trace
- 8 drops grapefruit seed extract (GSE) or rosemary oleorresin extract (ROE)
- 1 tsp sodium lactate or fine table salt
- 14 g essential oil 4.5g May Chang + 7.5g Lemongrass + 1.5g Sweet Orange + 0,5g Ylang-Ylang
- Wear goggles and gloves! Look at “Safety Recommendations” in Part 1 – How to Make Soap From Scratch
- Follow the post Part 2 – How To Make Soap by Cold Process Step-by-Step and the additional steps listed below. Don’t start the recipe without having everything ready!
- Make the lye solution according to Part 2 – How To Make Soap by Cold Process Step-by-Step. Mix it until the vapours start to dissipate.
- Mix the green clay + green chrome oxide into the solution and stir well. The solution will take a dark green color
- Use as a target temperature 38ºC for the oil-solution mixture. If necessary, you can reheat the oils, but not the lye solution.
- Add after trace ingredients: the extract and essential oil (s) after tracing and stir with just a spoon.
- Pour the dough into the molds for 48 hours, keeping an eye on the hardness of the soap.
- Unmold and let it cure for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Olive Oil
- French Green Clay
- Chromium Oxide Green
- GSE Grapefruit seed extract
- ROE Rosemary oleoresin extract
- Essential Oil May Chang/Litsea Cubeba
- Essential Oil Lemongrass
- Essential Oil Sweet Orange
- Essential Oil Ylang-Ylang III